Saturday, August 20, 2011

YVR

I got up at 2:30am, checked out by 2:45 and walked to the bus stop. Vancouverians know how to party. The streets were filled with people scarfing down pizza and stumbling home. It was quite entertaining and nice not to be on a desolate street by myself. I had lots of people come and go at the bus stop before my bus arrived. I chatted with quite a few of them, particularly a cute early 20s Australian who just moved to Vancouver 2 months ago. He was waiting for the same bus to head home. After chatting for about 30 minutes he matter-of-factly asked if he could kiss me. You only live once, right? I can officially cross "kiss random Aussie on public bus" off my bucket list.

I got to the airport and tried to help a drunken Asian girl figure out how she should get back home. She meant to get off the bus well before the airport. Good times.

Once I made it into the airport I came to the wonderful realization that my flight is delayed...apparently the plane never showed up last night. So YVR and I will become great friends, for 7 hours. Good thing I have two new books on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment