Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cozumel

On Saturday morning Niki, Amy, Eric, and I took a ferry to explore the island of Cozumel, which is known for its scuba diving and snorkeling. Getting certified to dive is on my list of things to do, but for now Niki and I ventured on a snorkeling trip once we got there. Amy and Eric opted to rent a scooter and explore the land.

I´ve been snorkeling many times, but this BY FAR was the coolest experience I´ve had. The water was so clear and the fish were so colorful. There were also lots of different types of fish which was nice to see. I definitely felt like I was in a big aquarium. I have no idea what types of fish we saw except for what the guide pointed out - which was a ¨very big baracuda¨. We actually saw two of them. We went to 3 different reefs, and before jumping into the water he yelled for us to hurry in so we could see the ¨very big baracuda¨. I thought he was kidding, but quickly realized he wasn´t once I jumped in.

It was a fun trip, well worth the $25. Speaking of money, the pesos to dollars conversion has definitely been testing my math skills. I just guesstimate how much I´ve been spending. Lots of the little shops and taxis take dollars which is convenient.

After a few hours on the island we had to rush back to Playa to get ready for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment