Sunday, November 28, 2010

Playa del Carmen

The flights were seamless which was nice. Loved the priority treatment now that I´m back to American Airlines gold card status. I arrived into Cancun at 4pm, went through customs and waited for another wedding guest to share a ride to the hotel. My friend Niki invited me as her date to one of her friend´s wedding. She knew I´d be down with a trip like this!

A few weeks ago I was perusing Facebook and saw a high school friend´s post that she was excited for her Mexican vacation. I asked her when and where she´d be. Turned out that she was staying only 20 minutes away during the same timeframe! So we planned to meet for dinner Wednesday night. I arrived at the hotel, ran through the shower, and headed to downtown Playa del Carmen for dinner. Turns out she married another high school friend so we had a nice little reunion. Then my friend Niki and all her friends met up with us downtown for a rockin´ evening. Ended up dancing at a club on the beach, but by 3am I decided it was time to call it a night.

It took a while for me to feel like I was in a different country. We went to dinner in the tourist zone of Playa (5th Ave) which felt like a large Fisherman´s Warf. The resort that we´re all staying at is in a large gated community of other resorts. It´s all inclusive, which has been nice to not have to bring money and worry about a bill everywhere. However, there´s not a lot of Mexican food at the buffet! Which I find extremely odd. My only complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment