Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dirty Dancing

On Thursday I slept in a bit with the early rising, long travel day, and late night on Wednesday. When I finally got up I headed straight to the beach to check out the scene. One word - Gorgeous! The sand is so perfect and fluffy and the water is so clear. The beach is so large that you don´t feel crammed into one little section of beach.

After about ten minutes of laying out I got pooped on by a seagull. Not sure what it is with me and foreign birds.

Niki and I had lunch at the buffet and then after more laying out we got ready for dinner with all of the other wedding guests that were already in town. It was fun. They actually had turkey for Thanksgiving, but that was about it. We then hung out at one of the resort bars and I called it an early night which I was very happy about the next day.

One thing I keep thinking about during this entire stay is how much the resort reminds me of the movie Dirty Dancing. This is my first time staying at an all-inclusive resort. Everyone that works here is required to have another talent, like dancing. I was part of a group that got sucked into learning a few salsa moves at the resort bar one night.

They have shows and events throughout the day and every night. The shows are stereotypical terrible but somewhat entertaining. The resort staff walk around trying to get people excited about them and flirt with all of the guests. We even had one of the wedding guests go home with one of the staff, which created lots of drama - he almost got fired! Pretty amusing and reminiscent of the drama in Dirty Dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment