Sunday, November 28, 2010

Swim-up bar

Once we got back to the resort after Cozumel we had less than an hour before the wedding started. Determined to enjoy the swim-up bar before we left, and assuming that we might not want a drink before check-out in the morning, we hopped in the pool for a quick drink before getting ready for the wedding. Was fun.

The wedding was really nice, on the beach in front of the resort. Was kind of weird to have lots of random people watching and walking by, but it was pretty. The reception was on the beach as well. Was fun with lots of dancing.

I got up early today and spent a few hours laying out in the sun. It will be rough going back home to the cold and rainy weather we have been having.

The resort food was ok, but still odd that there was not a lot of traditional food. The margaritas were a bit weak and very sweet. So I was excited today when six of us went into town to have lunch before heading back to Cancun. The food was great and the the margaritas delicious.

Niki and I took a bus together to the airport. She´s headed back to SF today and I hopped onto a shuttle to my hotel. While I wanted to stay in a hotel in downton Cancun, my flight is at 6am so decided to stay as close to the airport as possible.

Am heading into downtown Cancun shortly to meet up with four of Niki´s friends for dinner. Will be nice to see the area for a night, as I don´t think I´ll ever plan a trip to Cancun. I also don´t think all-inclusive resorts are for me, but it was nice to experience it.

Random note: the only thing that I wasn´t expecting is that the taxi´s don´t have meters. So every trip you take, once you tell them the destination they tell you how much it´ll cost. I haven´t enjoyed that since I don´t like to haggle. I did however manage to bargain my way down from $100 to $25 for a nice blanket. It´s going to be a challenge stuffing it into my suitcase, but I know I´ll love it when I sit in my San Francisco parks. Or perhaps I´ll just have to buy a large tote in Cancun tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment