Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rome Day Due

I had quite a great time yesterday wandering around. My favorite sites of yesterday were the Piazza del Popolo, the Trinità dei Monti and the Fontana di Trevi. Went to bed pretty early as was tired from the trip, but then I woke up at 4am ready to go explore. Had to force myself to stay in bed.

Today I am taking in more of the sites and doing tons of people watching. How fun that is. There are so many tourists that you feel ok keeping your map and camera in hand at all times, which is nice. The Italian women are pretty awesome, especially the ones in their fancy outfits riding their Vespas. It seems very empowering yet feminine somehow.

The one thing I will reiterate - it is HOT. I think gelato might be what I eat the most here. I had to get up twice last night to empty the bucket in the air conditioner. It stops working once it is full, and with this humidity it fills every 4ish hours! I woke up pretty immediately once it stopped working each time.

There are pools by the river that I think you can pay to swim in, but the water doesn't look the cleanest.

I'm excited to have Jenna arrive today. Meeting her at the hotel around 4pm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Having trouble posting comments. Thanks for the detailed report. Great you are having a good time.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete