Monday, May 23, 2011

Bonjour!

I understand pretty much no French so this week should be fun. Will try to pick up a bit.

After a great wedding weekend with wonderful St. Lawrence friends, I peeled myself out of bed at 7am and drove the 4+ hours to Ottawa. The route was through Canton so I stopped at the Blackbird Cafe and had a delicious panini. If only that was open when I was living there. The town was eerily quiet. I think I drove through during the graduation ceremony so everyone was probably on campus.

Once I dropped my rental car off I took a train to Montreal. There was another Enterprise customer waiting to pick up a car as I was dropping mine off. Turns out his car was stolen last night, from his driveway. I learned that a car is stolen every 3 minutes in Canada. Glad nothing happened to my rental! Although come to think of it I never got out of the car while in Canada.

After a quick metro ride from the train station I walked to my hostel. It's nice. Saw two rowdy people getting thrown on the hood of the car and frisked by police outside the metro station. Never a dull moment.

My hostel is in the Latin Quarter and I ventured a few streets over to rue Saint-Denis which has lots of shops, bars, and restaurants. I wanted to stroll slowly home but it was raining and I was sans rain jacket so I booked it home and am going to call it an early night after the very eventful weekend. Only problem is my seven roommates are all bonding, drinking wine and eating snacks in the middle of the room on the floor. Waiting for them to venture out on the town. Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment