Friday, May 6, 2011

Lovin' Life

I sat on the beach for most of the day. In the shade. I had a little cove with calm water all by myself. It was fabulous.

Three local girls came into my cove and had a little fashion style shoot of themselves. It was pretty funny to witness.

A lot of topless women at the beach nearby.

I've met several people on this trip who admitted that they didn't like one of the major cities - Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, or Lisbon. I find them all crazy! Granted I haven't been to Lisbon yet but am sure I'll like it.

I had lunch at a little cafe. It looked local from the street but turns out that the owner was from Switzerland. I had a good meal and watched CNN. Got to see my men Obama & Anderson Cooper live.

I then took a little nap at the hostel before heading out to dinner at the Thai restaurant which was very good. I loved the red house wine and asked the waitress what it was so I could try to pick up a bottle in Lisbon. She then brought me the bottle and told me I could finish it. So of course I did. A glass of wine is pretty cheap in Spain & Portugal - average of about 2 euros.

The majority of the other tourists I've met in Italy, Spain & Portugal are from Australia & England. I've told them all that their countries are both on my list. I met a Frenchman today who gave me shit about the war. France is on my list, but not high up there because of their attitude.

I met a Dutch couple today who were sure that I was from Holland. I've been told that I would fit in really well there. Good to know.

Off to Lisboa in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment