Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Art of Wandering

I like the days when I have it all planned out, but a day like today where I can just wander and see what happens is quite fun. I decided not to go to Murano, because a nice couple I met last night told me that the glass blowers most likely don't work on Sunday. So am going to head there tomorrow.

I covered a lot of ground today, no idea really where I went as I purposefully didn't get my map out. Lots of little alleyways, am sure I went in circles a few times. I wanted to make it back to the Piazza San Marco at some point, cause that is where this internet point is (need to book my next few hostels). St. Mark's Square is the only place where people are actually trying to get pigeons to land on their arms, hands, and even hair by placing bread crumbs everywhere, to take a photo. Reminiscent of those "holding up" the leaning tower of Pisa. I will not be doing that. Or taking an overpriced gondola ride.

Venice is definitely a glass lover's paradise. If only my suitcase was larger and made entirely of bubble wrap. I have purchased a few small items and just enjoy looking at the rest of it. Great people watching too.

No comments:

Post a Comment