Friday, August 6, 2010

Lake Como

It is a great feeling to be able to head out for the day without a guidebook or map. Apparently I look like I know what I'm doing, several people asked me questions today on how to use the ticket machines and which train they should get on. Fancy!

I took the metro to the train station and headed to Como. Como is a cute little town that I walked around for a bit. Then I hopped on a ferry to Bellagio. It was an hour ride that stopped at several of the other towns along the lake as well. Such a beautiful lake, gorgeous views. I took lots of photos, but doubt any of them will do it justice.

Bellagio is very touristy and very cute. I found a restaurant off the beaten path, wanted a more "local" experience. My charming waiter asked twice if he could spend the next 3 weeks touring with me. Actually, so did an American family I met today.

For lunch I had one of my favorite pasta dishes that I never had before this trip. I've had it 3 times and every time it is divine. It is simple enough that I can make it home as well - penne all' arrabbiata.

Off to Venice tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment