Sunday, August 22, 2010

Italy: Goodbye, for now

I have loved everything about this trip-

the endless sights of Rome
the art of Florence
the sillyness of Pisa
the views of Cortona
the streets of Siena
the hikes of Cinque Terre
the spicyness of Milan
the beauty of Lake Como
the canals of Venice
the creativity of Murano
the steep stairwells of Positano
the grottoes of Capri
the ruins of Pompei
the shops of Sorrento
the balconies of Taormina
the humbleness of Siracusa
the beach of Fontane Bianche
the gelato of Ortygia
the convent hostel of Salerno

I thought after five weeks in Italy I would be able to cross it off my list and only see and explore other countries. Well, I have a feeling that the one coin I threw with my right hand over my left shoulder in the Trevi fountain will bring me back to Italy someday.

2 comments:

  1. [sniff sniff] I'm emotional FOR you...not even close to being a joke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog reads like a novel...thoroughly enjoyed it over a beer after a very stressful day. Thanks for sharing your story and giving me a moment to reminisce about my previous trips to Italy. It is one of my forvorite places on earth! :-)

    ReplyDelete