Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back on the mainland

Today was uneventful in the tourist category. I will avoid venting and not talk about the 12 hour trip that was supposed to be 8. I will also not talk about the argument I had last night with a Dutch guy, who tested my patience mocking my lack of eating red meat, and continued by asking me what I was doing in Sicily if I didn't eat a lot of seafood. He tested my last nerve when he brought up the World Cup. That is when I gave it right back to him, shocked the entire table, and went to bed. But we won't talk about that. This country doesn't deserve venting. :)

What I will talk about is this cool hostel in Salerno. It used to be a convent, so has lots of character. Reminds me of when my parents and I stayed in a convent in northern Brasil one night.

Off to Rome in the morning. Of everywhere I have been, Rome is still my favorite. Assuming the train cooperates, I will arrive at 2pm and will have a full afternoon and evening of fun before I fly out on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment