Friday, August 20, 2010

Chillin in Sicily

This morning I walked to the farmers market on the Ortygia island and bought some produce. Then I met up with a guy from Los Angeles staying at the hostel and we walked around the Parco Archeologico Della Neapolis, one of the main tourist spots of Siracusa. It has a Greek theatre, a Roman amphitheatre and a really cool cave. Just got back to the hostel to take a siesta, and ran into the friendly Korean chef (Jung) who is trying to convince me to eat lunch with him. I think I draw the line at anchovies, but I'll probably sit with him and keep him company. Tonight is a lot of people's last nights here, am sure we'll get a big group to go out to dinner on Ortygia.

Speaking of dinner, last night was fun - a girl from my room and I went to dinner right in front of the Duomo. Was very cool all lit up. Then we walked around a bit. Bought a mixed cd off a guy on the street that will hopefully have a bunch of hit Italian songs that are being played everywhere, but I have a feeling it'll also have some stuff from home on there as well. Watched part of a marrionette puppet show. Lots of little kids sitting down watching, was sad I didn't have my camera on me. Watched the monkey puppet do the moonwalk to Smooth Criminal. Was the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

With the direct trains full it is going to take me two days to get back to Rome. So tomorrow am heading out bright and early to take the train, the ferry, and another train to Salerno. Then on Sunday up to Rome. Hopefully it will be an easy trip with few complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment