Friday, August 13, 2010

Positano

Took a bus to Positano yesterday from Rome, was pretty seamless with a smidgen of language barrier confusion, but I made it.

My hostel is at the top of the very steep hillside town. Walking up & down definitely makes me feel less guilty about all the delicious food I've been eating. Not that I felt too guilty before though. I also felt great when after I hiked up two flights of stairs to get to the hostel, the guy that checked me in offered to take my suitcase up the last flight of stairs and he had quite a hard time too!

This is my first shared dorm experience. Not too bad. Bought a little lock for my suitcase which makes me feel more comfortable. I met a girl yesterday in my dorm room and we hung out at the beach and had dinner together, very nice Aussie also traveling by herself. I luckily packed an eye cover thing (whatever those are called) and earplugs. Because when I woke up everyone had nothing but complaints about a few of the girls turning the lights on in the middle of the night to chat and one this morning letting her alarm go off for about 15 minutes. Blissfully didn't hear a thing.

This morning we picked up two more girls also traveling by themselves. Spent the day on Capri Island with an Australian, Argentine & Brit. Took a boat there, then hopped on another boat to tour the island. And then on a little row boat to go into the blue grotto. Gorgeous one minute experience. Twas fun.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool how you're finding these other single travelers!

    ReplyDelete